Sunday marked a momentous occasion. Not the Super Bowl--the First Bowl of Rice Cereal. As you can see, Billy took to it rather well.
For about a month now, Billy's been eyeing our food, trying to slap things out of my hand and off my plate. And more than one person has remarked with wonderment that I alone have been able to sustain our 20-pound behemoth of a five-month-old.
Still, we were waiting for solid food for two reasons:
1. Research says starting solids at six months decreases the likelihood of future food allergies.
2. Anything other than breastmilk=stinkier poop.
Also, after our misadventures in bottle feeding, I expected a little more flailing around. But he really seemed to like it, putting away a lot more than I thought he would on the first go-round. He must've been watching us eat, because he really understood the whole concept of putting the spoon in his mouth.
In fact, he polished off the entire bowl, though I must admit about half ended up on him. Considering my mother could discern, down to side dishes and dessert, what I had for lunch every day from preschool through the first few years of elementary school by reading it on my shirt, I don't guess that's much of a surprise.
Also, you may be able to see in these pictures a faint mark in the center of his forehead. He popped the crap out of his head Friday at work while playing on a so-called safe play mat. He pulled the foam tube out of the hard plastic holes, and then fell face-first on the hard plastic. It really, really hurt, but he recovered well, because he is from tough stock.
This last picture is for Aunt Marsha. Go Heels!

4 comments:
Hey Ang,
I had to use Glenn's name instead of mine since I don't have google. I love all the pics and the video. It's good to see him representing UNC. I hope to see him in his App shirt sometime too. I also appreciated the glow worm outfit. I think I still have the worm but the light was stolen (probably by you) long ago.
Also, considering you somehow got french dressing on the back of your t-shirt at dinner in Chase one night, your college roommate is not surprised that Billy's eating habits need a touch of refinement. He's still adorable, and go heels!
Nats Attack, I considered adding the French Dressing Incident to this post. Man, Damn. Jean-Claude Man Damn.
I know he looks like Ace, but when he eats, he has that twinkle in his eye like a Moore.
And he's wearing that blue well. With Billy cheering for us tomorrow, how can we go wrong!
Go Heels! Beat Dook!
Post a Comment